Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23.1k Members

New Method for Anxiety???

I found out about this new thing called the wim hof method from a friend who says it changed his health for the best and so i want to give it a try. As far as I'm concerned ive got nothing to lose so lets see what happens. Anyone else tried this for there anxiety and health? And has it worked?
2 Responses
6579347 tn?1388502368
If you're talking about his breathing methods, I don't see how that would hurt.  High anxiety can sometimes be attributed to O2 or CO2 levels being off-kilter.  Good breathing techniques are always a good thing!

I would just caution you to be wary of any program that says it can "cure" anxiety, and/or people can kill their anxiety without pills.  Anxiety can't be cured, and for some people, medication can be a very effective tool.

Good luck!
1 Comments
mele48 do you know what method she is talking about?  I'll try anything. I have so much anxiety
What is this method.  I have extreme anxiety and feel short of breath.  Almost drove myself to the ER because i felt I couldnt breathe.
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?