red blotchy chest/neck rash

Just wondering if anyone has a 'miracle cure'!!  For a few years now, I've been getting a red blotchy chest/neck rash in circumstances where I - am drinking alcohol, anxious, nervous, excited, upset - really feeling just about any emotion.  It's gotten to the point where I do not expose my chest/neck ever - and cover up whenever I can.  I had read once that taking Niacinimide could help - and I've been taking about 1000mg of it for a few months, but am not seeing much improvement.  Anyone with any help or suggestions I would REALLY appreciate it.  
Hi, I too get that annoying red nervous rash all over my chest and neck. It's very embarrassing. I am a corporate trainer and I love my job, but getting up and talking in front of people on an almost daily biases gives my nerves a workout. I have only had this horrible anxious rash for 4 years, ever since I graduated college and entered the work force. I have found that tanning helps, I am somewhat fair skinned and having a tan you are unable to see the redness. I recently got married in Mexico where I was quite tan and knew that the wedding day and reception that we had back home would send me into waves of splotches, because I was so tan I didn’t get splotchy once.

Caffeine, Alcohol, any emotion, or stress brings it out in me. There are some posts on here saying to just except it and move on, well that’s easier said than done : ) I am going to the doctor Monday again to talk to him about what it is, he told me to start taking Zyrtec the allergy medicine and give it a couple months to see how I responded to that and I have to say it helped a little, I didn’t get quite as red as long. I have done some research and have found some positive things being said about Cetapres patch. I don’t know if he’ll prescribe it to me or just say that it’s a social anxiety and there really isn’t anything to do.

It is comforting though knowing I’m not alone. My heart breaks for all of you, I know what its like. I wear a turtle neck every time I have to do a training, it’s so embarrassing to wear sleeveless turtle necks in the dead heat of summer!!

Take care
Please write back and let me know what your dr said!!
I have dealt with this since high school - after doing some research, I starrted 60mg of propranolol ER (beta blocker) and it REALLY MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE.  I don't have high blood pressure either and my doctor was not concerned about giving me the medication and there are very little side effects - no weight gian issues, etc.  Give it a shot!
So, with the beta blockers - do you still have the rash at all, or is it completely gone?? I have a Drs. Appt in July....
Apple cider vinegar, may not cure it but really soothes it.Lot of Natural cures out there. Dry Oatmeal I hear also but I havent tried that one.
The first thing I pictured when I read your post was my aunt....she could have 2 mouthfuls of wine...and she's super blotchy all over her neck and chest.  She said it is also like that when she is ever anxious...and very hot.

I have heard that beta blockers CAN help...but just by basically suppressing the anxious response...just as if you would take it for the anxiety factor before delivering a speech, etc.

I would think it may be worth running by your doctor.  Hope you get some relief!  At least ONE reassuring thing...you know it won't harm you...it is only a cosmetic thing.  Just something that makes YOU more unique.  Just like how I HATE my bazillion freckles....they are part of ME.

(You aint buying this are you?)  LOL  ;0)

Good luck!

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community