red blotchy chest/neck rash

Just wondering if anyone has a 'miracle cure'!!  For a few years now, I've been getting a red blotchy chest/neck rash in circumstances where I - am drinking alcohol, anxious, nervous, excited, upset - really feeling just about any emotion.  It's gotten to the point where I do not expose my chest/neck ever - and cover up whenever I can.  I had read once that taking Niacinimide could help - and I've been taking about 1000mg of it for a few months, but am not seeing much improvement.  Anyone with any help or suggestions I would REALLY appreciate it.  
apologize....previous post correction.....

this is due to a missense polymorphism that encodes the enzyme, acetaldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH2) or in otherwords an enzyme that is not capable of breaking down the bi-product of alcohol ( acetaldehyde).  Normally, alcohol or ethanol is eventually converted to acetic acid (vinegar) through a series of reactions, but in some people this becomes a problem.  This leaves the bi-product acetaldehyde in their system creating many symptoms discussed in the previous comment.
I don't know if has to do with weight gain.  I did gain quite a bit of weight with my pregnancy, but I lost it all pretty quickly (since I was only 21)  I have since had another child and lost all of my weight after her as well.  It does not seem to matter if I'm heavier or not.  I almost wonder if its a hormone thing, since I never had this before I was pregnant.  

I know to some it seems like you should be able to just laugh it off or act like it doesn't bother you, but I know its not possible, I know the fear that is associated with this. It may not seem like a big deal to others, but it's a big deal when it's happening to you.  I pray daily for something to come along and help.  Did you say you are going to the doctor?  Let us know what the outcome is.  I would jump for joy if I could get rid of this or even calm it down a bit.

I have this same problem.  I'm a teacher and have to run meetings and it's the hardest thing to do.  I'm constantly wearing turtlenecks but then my cheeks get very red as well so people know that I'm nervous no matter what I wear.  

I was wondering if anyone knew about surgery that you can receive for this.  I'm truly at the point where it is taking over my life and I can't take it anymore!

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sarah
Have you tried the beta-blockers?? I haven't myself, but have heard mixed reviews...
Sarah, I am in the same situation as you. I have actually been dealing with this for over 10 years now. It seems that the older I get the more blotchy I get, because I've advanced in my career and tend to do a lot of face to face million dollar negotiations with my job. It really ***** trying to negotiate or present and just feel the hot, itchy mess coming on. I would be extremely interested in hearing if anyone has had surgery for this and what the outcome was.
I have been experiencing the same thing for the past 3 years or so (since my 1st pregnancy)...I bought every color turtle neck that I could find.  I am so embarrassed that my husband doesnt even know that I am dealing with it.  I finally got up the nerve to go to my dermatologist about it - she put me on a beta blocker and it works GREAT!!  The only thing is that is makes me feel so tired and run down.  I personally would rather feel like that than have to worry about turtlenecks/make up/embarrasement.  I take 10mg everyday...if I know I am going to be in a stressful situation I will take 20mg that day...I hosted a baby shower recently (this was my test) and I wore a low cut shirt and talked in front of a group of people.  I ran to the bathroom and NOTHING!!  It was one of the most wonderful feelings!  

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community