red blotchy chest/neck rash

Just wondering if anyone has a 'miracle cure'!!  For a few years now, I've been getting a red blotchy chest/neck rash in circumstances where I - am drinking alcohol, anxious, nervous, excited, upset - really feeling just about any emotion.  It's gotten to the point where I do not expose my chest/neck ever - and cover up whenever I can.  I had read once that taking Niacinimide could help - and I've been taking about 1000mg of it for a few months, but am not seeing much improvement.  Anyone with any help or suggestions I would REALLY appreciate it.  
It's is really interesting reading everyones comments.  All of the things that are talked about are things I have gone thru too.  I really wonder if this is due to some type of hormonal imbalance.  Mine also started right after a pregnancy.  

I am mortified that this happens to me.  No one knows, not my friends, my husband, my kids.  I too deal with large deals in my job and its hard to remain credible when you look like your a nervous wreck. I HATE IT.  It's such a burden and most of the time I can deal with it, but I'm so tired of it.  I have tried Beta Blockers with no success.  I have heard of the surgery, but no one in my part of the country does it.  I doubt insurance would cover it, so I would not be able to afford it on my own.  I have heard that people who have the surgery sweat a lot.............not sure which is worse  
I'm not sure if it's a hormonal balance or not. I do not have any kids and have been dealing with this. It really stinks because I speak well in front of a group and I have a lot of credibility when I speak; however, once I start getting blotchy, which I just can't control for nothing, I go downhill from there. I feel like everyone is staring at me and obviously know I'm nervous / anxious, which makes me even more nervous / anxious. Not to mention that I start feeling extremely hot and itchy! I'm just not sure where to go from here. I feel miserable and could probably much further in my career if I didn't have to deal with this.
Greetings from down under :)

Im 16 and have had this rash for a year now. I never had it up until i started a job after school and on weekends in a store. I havnt met anyone as young as me who has the rash except for a girl 2 years older than me that has left my school but i never got to talk to her about it. I have terribly pale skin which doesnt help when i get this rash. I read on a website quite a while back that exercise helps. My family has bought a treadmill so i have been on that up to half an hour everyday. I recently attended my school ball on Jul 19 and was extremely nervous.

My dress was strapless so i was terrified of wearing it to my ball. My mum helped me put tan on in advance so i was a lovely golden colour. After the pre dinner drinks i felt hot but alright but i looked down and saw my rash appearing. Nobody had commented on it yet which i thought was strange.

Not even my friends know about my rash because i have kept it hidden for so long. I asked one of my closest friends to come to the bathroom and she helped me apply powder to my redness, but i must say since i have been exercising, the redness didn't show up as much as i thought it would. I was so shattered about getting my rash on ball night. My redness shows up on my chest, neck, along my collar bone, down both my arms and my back. But on the night it was only on my arms my shoulders and maybe the size of a tennis ball on my chest.

After i got the powder on i went out of the bathroom still feeling shattered and very self conscious but it went away. After dancing for 5 hours straight and getting very hot the rash didn't appear which i found weird.

It all comes down to anxiety which im guessing is based on an eating disorder i had when i was 13 feeling sick 24/7 and not eating properly for a year all because i was afraid i was going to vomit but the rash didnt appear until i was 15.

It drives me crazy having to apply foundation bronzer all the time when i got out and i cant wear singlets and shirts that show my neck during the summer. My mum isnt very helpful with the matter she says I'll grow out of it when deep down i know i won't.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried using antihistamines??  I believe that this problem is more than an "allergy", but it might be worth a try.  Thoughts anyone??
Hi - I tried Benadryl but it never worked and made me sooo sleepy.  Maybe it would work for someone else though....  My dermatologist also recommended cutting out caffiene completely - which is really hard for me to do with 2 small kids! :)  
Hello.  I have also suffered from the dreaded blotches for many years now.  Any type of emotion, such as being nervous, excited and mad causes my chest, neck, back and upper arms to break out in red blotches.  Also, eating spicy foods or extreme heat makes them appear.  I know exactly when I have the red blotches, because I immediately get this hot feeling.  After trying many things such as makeup and herbal medicine, I finally decide to go to the doctors.  He was very understanding and prescribed me the beta blocker nadolol.  I started out on 10mg a day and went up to 20 mg a day.  I did see a major improvement, but I felt terrible.  I was always tired, dizzy and nauseous.  I tried the medicine for a couple of months to see if I just needed to get used to it.  It did not get any better, so I went back to the doctors.  I read online that some people have had success with inderal.  I asked the doctor about it, and he said that I may feel better with this medicine, or I could have the same results.  I have been on inderal (la 60 mg 24 hour release) for about a week now.  So far, I do not have any of the side effects that I experienced with the other medicine.  I have not had one episode of blotches yet.  I usually get the blotches at least once a day, so not having them for a week is a miracle!  I have gotten that hot feeling, but when I check myself out in the mirror, there are no blotches/or redness of any kind!  I am going to be in a friends wedding at the end of August, so that will be my big test.  I really don't like depending on medicine, but at this point I am desperate.

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community