red blotchy chest/neck rash

Just wondering if anyone has a 'miracle cure'!!  For a few years now, I've been getting a red blotchy chest/neck rash in circumstances where I - am drinking alcohol, anxious, nervous, excited, upset - really feeling just about any emotion.  It's gotten to the point where I do not expose my chest/neck ever - and cover up whenever I can.  I had read once that taking Niacinimide could help - and I've been taking about 1000mg of it for a few months, but am not seeing much improvement.  Anyone with any help or suggestions I would REALLY appreciate it.  
Have you strictly been going to the Dermatologist for this medication (Beta Blocker)?
Beta Blockers are medication for heart conditions (usually hypertension or high blood pressure)  - usually prescribed by your Family Doc.
No, I had been going once a year for a normal cancer screening, and she noticed it one day and I finally talked about it for the first time ever with a Dr.  She was great about it - and she prescribed the beta blocker, not my family dr.  I went back 6 weeks after she first prescribed it and although it helped out tremendously I was still a little blotchy.  That is when she recommended the aspirin and staying away from caffiene.  I will got back in 6 more weeks to see her again.  She said if it doesnt work, there are tests they can do or other things to put me on.  I personally dont care what the medication is for, this condition has controlled my life for too long, and as long as the only side effect I am experiencing is tiredness, then I am ok with that.  I am also on a VERY low dosage.  If this is taking over your life like it did mine, then I would definitely recommend seeing a Dermatologist.  Hope this helps! :)
Yesterday I went to the dentist because I have been experiencing pain since having a novocain injection last week.  He filed my new fillings, thinking that might help, and I was very anxious while he worked as the pain increased.  Then he asked me about the rash I had.  I told him I didn't have a rash, just pain.  He gave me a mirror, and I had very dark red patches at my collar bone and downward.  He told me it was erythema from being nervous or scared.  He told me if I had any nerve pills to take one when I got home and to rest.

I left and got in the car with my husband and told him about the rash.  He looked at me sideways and said he's seen that flush on me before and wanted to know just what the doctor was doing.
Hi All,
I have the same problem. I have had it for the past 10 years. I recently went to my dermatologist for help with this problem and he told me that he could not perscribe me anything b/c it is not a skin problem. I really would like to do something about these blotches I can't take it anymore and they are only getting worse. Does anyone know any doctor's in NYC that would be able to help me with this?
I am so relieved to hear that I am not alone with this anxiety driven rash.  I kept thinking I was getting strep, but I look back and can see that these flareups occurred when I was extremely stressed.  However, my flare ups are occuring more frequently than they used to.  My wake up call came tonight.  I have been teaching for 17 years and we had open house tonight.  My coworker noticed my bright red rash after the first 30 minutes.  Although I didn't feel stressed, the social anxiety had to have brought it on.  I am definitely taking my concerns to the doctor.  Thanks for all of the informative posts!  I'm sorry anyone else has to go through this, but I feel so much better knowing I'm not crazy!

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community