red blotchy chest/neck rash

Just wondering if anyone has a 'miracle cure'!!  For a few years now, I've been getting a red blotchy chest/neck rash in circumstances where I - am drinking alcohol, anxious, nervous, excited, upset - really feeling just about any emotion.  It's gotten to the point where I do not expose my chest/neck ever - and cover up whenever I can.  I had read once that taking Niacinimide could help - and I've been taking about 1000mg of it for a few months, but am not seeing much improvement.  Anyone with any help or suggestions I would REALLY appreciate it.  
I've been doing some research on adrenaline production - and have stumbled across the suggestion of a hypoglycemic diet - I think I'm going to start to decrease my sugar intake and see what happens. I have continued to have nasty bouts of the rash - despite the GABA and Niacinimide - so am looking for something new.  I also finally got a Drs appt for next week and am hoping to possibly get some answers.

I'm interested in whats working for everyone - Please keep us updated!
can i just say how happy i am to find this forum!!! I have had this problem for atleast 10 years, and i feel like it runs my life. This stupid rash occurs at anytime, and always starts on my chest and works it way up to my neck and face, it makes me extremley hot. i will also get it if i drink, work out, or in hot weather. I have very very VERY fair skin, so when i get even slightly red...its RED. I have notcied that it will occur when im more nervous, but it has also occured in happy, sad, exciting situations. i will get it around people i have known for years, or strangers. i didnt think anyone else out there had the same problem...and its a huge sigh of relief, to know that im not alone.
wow, glad im not alone. I have had this rash for about 5 years now. I am engaged and scared for my life hw blotchy i will be on my wedding day. The only thing i have tried in the past was tanning, which helped alot!!! but now im suffering from the consequences and have to have precancerrous moles removed surgically. I am def going to my docotor and asking about beta blockers!
I am so sorry to hear about these moles and hope u are well.I also think a tan is rhe best option but i don't like the sunbeds so i have been thinking about these tanning injections have u heard off this?does anyone know anyone taking these?would be interested if it works...
Its nerves..I get it when my anxiety hits...When I'm angry or emotional..Just breath..everything will be ok..
Ok i've had this blotchy red rash since last year (Im 16 now and in high school) i absolutely HATE it. its caused me so many problems, i have social anxiety because of it and had to go to therapy. But the doctor says that its social anxiety, the thing is that if i didnt get all blotchy..then there would be NO problem!!

im looking for ANY cure at all, im a little scared about asking my mum for beta blockers as i think she might say i should just go back to the therapist coz she thought that worked (it didnt actually i just pretended i was fine so i didnt have to go there!) anyway, im not sure if i have any tips for you people suffering like me all i do to make it go away is put my hands on my face or a nice cold breeze usually makes it go away! if only i had a fan on me while doing a class talk!!!

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community