Arthritis Community

Rheumatoid Arthritis?

I would like to start by saying that I plan to get an appointment with my family doctor to discuss this matter but I would like to get some feedback from other people who have experienced the same symptoms and problem.

My symptoms started last summer when I was mowing (I do mowing and landscaping for a living) and my fingers started getting really swollen and stiff with mild pain and my fingers locked up and I couldn't move them.  I just tallied it up to mowing too long and didn't think too much about it.  After that, the swelling, stiffness, and mild pain came and went occasionally and I still didn't think too much about it.  However, recently (about the last month) I noticed the symptoms getting worst.  My hands get really swollen and are hard to move.  Just so you know, I do have a strong family history of both RA and carpal tunnel syndrome.  I do notice the symptoms do get worst when I am doing stuff with my hands but it also seems the symptoms sometimes occur when I wake up in the morning and randomly (even when I am not doing things with my hands).  

Has anyone else experienced symptoms like this; and if so, what did you determine?  It seems like to me I am probably experiencing carpal tunnel syndrome but I am concerned about being diagnosed with RA.  Let me know what you think.  

Thank you in advance.
I also forgot to mention another symptom that may or may not be related.  Sometimes, mostly out of the blue, I feel really fatigued, tired, wore out, and just generally low.  I don't know if this would have anything to do with RA or carpal tunnel syndrome but I thought I would mention it.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches