muscle rigidity

my brother's been diagnosed with aspergers syndrome, about 5 months now he has this some kind of hallucination esp. when tired- his eyes wanders everywhere, doesn't eat much would endlessly rock his body and finger flaps then would lie down for awhile then rock and finger flap again for about 3 hours he repeatedly do those things, like he's in his own world. What alarms me is that during this event his muscles stiffen, his hands are too heavy already because of the rigidness of his muscles from hands to feet. the doctor said his halluciantions are part of his sickness, is this true?and what about his muscle rigidity?what to do?...he had his hallucinations almost twice a week already and it really alarms me...please do help
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Is your brother on medications that might have a side effect that is related to the rigidity and the hallucinations?  I would get some other opinions if you can from doctors.  Medhelp has the following forum:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Autism--Aspergers-Syndrome/show/187

You can post your concerns there and see what they say.  I definitely would dig deeper to get at what is causing this.

I wish you the best in finding out what is going on & what to do to help your brother.  He is fortunate to have your support.
Helpful - 0
um well he had been taking different anti-psychotics 5 years now and i have read that one of it's effects are muscle stiffening yet on those 5 years- only this year his muscles get really rigid and he has deep hallucinations. I don't know if it really is alarming, part of his sickness or what. It really is hard for us to get a good doctor when we reall are far from the center of the city yet i really am doing something for a second opinion, but for now this is all i can do..thanks for commenting=)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Asperger's Syndrome Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?