musle rigidity

my brother has asperger's syndrome as the doctor said. He's not talking anymore starting age 16, he was a different person then like once he used to be normal before reaching such age. What alarms me now is that since he can't talk he's not able to express whatever he feels instead esp. when he gets tired he had like these hallucinations- eyes wandering everywhere, wouldn't eat at times, restless, and esp. his muscles stiffen. What do i do with his muscle stiffening??and also when he gets confused or felt sick at times he would just go violent and punch anything or anyone he sees, maybe it's because he wasn't able to express what he feels. what to do??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It sounds more like a higher form of Autism than Aspergers, have You had him seen by another doctor for a second opinion.
Is he able to write'?
Helpful - 0
hi thanks for the reply..um we have had second opinion from another doctor from a neurologist rather than a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist said he has aspergers and the other(the neurologist) said mental retardation, both saying we only had to take care of him and give medications and other therapies, yet his muscle rigidity alarms me which the psychiatrist said nothing, like it's part of his sickness..=(..twice a week he has hallucinations to which muscle rigidity occurs.
Helpful - 0
he doesn't want to write anymore, only when forced to..he writes when he's told by his occupational therapist but just few words.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Asperger's Syndrome Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?