Asthma Community

Abdominal CT - Asthma

I have the occaisonal lump stick out of my abdominal area - about 2 inches above belly button and to the left. Thought it may be a hernia, so wanted to check before I get pregnant. I went to the Dr. today (a sugeon). Dr examined me - said he was not certain that it was a hernia, but he did notice that there was a slight differance between the right a left side of my abdominal area. He is sending me for a CT with contrast. Problem - I have asthma. I guess with people who have asthma, a reaction could accour with the contrast solution. The radiology office I called for the appt. called the Dr. and asked whether they could do the CT without the contrast. Dr. still stated he wanted the contrast. So now I have to go to the hospital to do this and have to take steriods the day of the ct. Is this worth it? I mean taking the contrast solution with asthma? Is there that big a differance in the results between contrast vs. no contrast?
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.