Asthma Community

Croup and Asthma

My son just turned 5.  Last month he was playing soccer and developed a wheeze and difficulty breathing by night's end.  Two days later his pediatrician diagnosed him with pneumonia.  He responded well to treatment.  One month later again after a soccer game he developed wheezing and difficulty breathing.  This time he was diagnosed with croup and put on Prednisone, Pulmicort, Xopenex and Zithromax.
After researching croup I became more confused.  His symptoms are a bark-like cough (as in croup) but his wheezing is asthma-like and seems to be coming from his lungs and not difficulty breathing due to a closure in his airway.
Could he be having asthma problems with a croup cough?  Could this simply be croup?
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.