Asthma Community

Lung Pain

So I am female and 18 years old, I stopped smoking over 6 months ago but when i was it was only a pack a week. I do have asthma and celiac.  so my question is i want to find out why my chest has a spiking pain through my lung that only hurts when I inhale. This spiking or sharp pain also leads into my breast on the side that my lung is hurting. Usually the lung that hurts is on my right side. This pain can also last anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour even though I have used my inhaler.
Generally, such a presentation at your age represents pleuritic injury, secondary to injury or infection, viral or bacterial, and is usually self-limited. Every so often there is a serious issue, so I recommend you see a physician for an in-person evaluation and a film.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.