Is there a disorder that can cause cavities in otherwise well cared-for teeth?

I’m a teenager and I brush my teeth every day, and only brush once when i forget to brush at night. I don’t floss as much as I should, but I still do. I also use mouthwash regularly. A few months ago I went to the dentist (after about 2 or 3 years of not going due to insurance issues) and found that I had 16 cavities. I’ve gotten 8 or 9 of them filled, but one of my teeth with a filling is starting to hurt as if I have another cavity in that tooth, which worries me immensely. I got the filling a few months  ago so it may be possible that it’s just residual sensitivity from the filling...but I’m really worried it’s not. I also have no clue why I had so many cavities in the first place, especially because when I was a child i had bad oral hygiene and hardly ever had any cavities. Are there any sort of autoimmune or other types of disorders that could cause several cavities?

You are reading content posted in the Autoimmune Disorders Community