Aa
A
A
A
Close
Autonomic Dysfunction Community
1.51k Members

POTS /pyridostymine / can't get up in the a.m.

A Tilt Table Test in Sept confirmed my neurologist POTS diagnosis. I am now taking 60 MG pyridostymine 2X daily with plans to increase dosage to 3X daily.  It is next to impossible for me to get out of bed in the morning. I don't know if it's POTS or the pyridostymine. I forget how I feel one day to the next but I know that for the past two weeks I physically feel that I cannot get out of bed unless I sleep 10 - 12 hours. Has anyone felt extreme tiredness from taking pyirdostymine? No anemia. Cortisol w/n normal levels. Blood work has checked out.
1 Responses
875426 tn?1325528416
I have never taken, and am not finding pyridostymine coming up in a search.  Do you mean Pyridostigmine bromide?  I see it is used to lessen muscle weakness for people with myasthenia gravis.  

Did your doctor explain why they felt the medication was something you should take for your P.O.T.S. (how they thought it would help) or did they say they were giving it to you for something besides your P.O.T.S.?  

I've never heard of this drug being given for P.O.T.S. before.  I would tell the doctor what it seems to be doing to you with the tiredness- if it is Pyridostigmine bromide, it's a drug that can make you drowsy... perhaps it is not the best medication for you?

Had they tried the usual types of medications for your P.O.T.S. that doctors try, such as midodrine, florinef, and beta blocker medication?
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.