Baby Furniture

What does everyone think about what kind of baby furniture to buy for their little on the way? What kind of furniture do you think is a must because I'm in a small one bedroom apartment not a lot of room and I don't intend on moving anytime soon. What are your suggestions on what baby furniture me and my husband should buy this is my first child on the way any help?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well I'm a ftm,  I'm lucky enough to own my own Home and have an actually nursery (although its not necessary) so I went a little overboard. But I would say all you really need as far as furniture right now is a bassinet/crib that will go in your room for baby to sleep, and something for his/her clothes, and maybe some type of storage bins for lotions,diapers,blankets, all the extra baby stuff.... hope that helps
Helpful - 0
I got a crib and dressers and everything with my daughter and never even used it!
I recommend a bassinet/or PAC n play just up the babies clothes in your closet
Helpful - 0
I would say either or a crib or a pack n play and something to store clothes. You dont need a changing table you can do that anywhere that's flat. Maybe also a basket to keep all the changing stuff in so you can move it around with you. A bouncer or swing is convenient but not necessary
Helpful - 0
Crib. Dresser. Rocking chair. Those are a must for me
Helpful - 0
I'd say if you don't plan on moving soon go for a crib instead of a bassinet, because your little one will grow out of the bassinet within a couple of months. Then I would say get a swing/bouncer or a combo spacesaver one like I did(trust me when I say you'll need it when the want time to yourself,  shower, cooking, etc.) As for bureau's you can always get a small one or if you have space in yours or your closet baby clothes can go there. Burlington Coat factory had the swing/bouncer combo for 139.99 and they sometimes have their display furniture on sale. I got a changing table that was the last the store had for 44.98 when it was originally $169.99 just because it had a small nick on ot's leg(which I filled in with a furniture marker and you can't tell its there) Hope this helps.  Good luck!
Helpful - 0
I'm in a tiny place too, my must have was the crib with dresser and changing table and shelf all built in so it's one piece instead of three or more... Luckily I looked soon enough and find this $600+ for only $65!!!! Craigslist can be awesome just make sure everything's clean!!!
Helpful - 0
I lived at a studio n we bought the playpin that has a changing table u can find it at target for around $100 we used it until our baby was 11 months then we got her a toddler bed.
Helpful - 0
I have a 2 bed house with 3 kids & 1 on the way lol id say a cot either wiv a draw under or just buy 1 of thos cheap plastic ones on wheels to store bedding babys towels blankets etc under ur cot.  U can get a 'cot tidy' its fabric & hangs on the cot bars & it has pockets big enough to store things u need quickly like bibs &muzzies & I do love my draws with change table on top! It has 4 deep draws & u can keep all ur babys change stuff right there I also use this in the morns to top & tail wash my lil one. any clothes that need hanging go in a space in my wardrobe! Defo need a bouncey chair to my lil girl is 6 months & I still use it wen im busy & to feed her! Thas all u wud need :-)
Helpful - 0
We had a roommate but since we got 5 months pregnant he moved out! Now we are looking at sets or bundles of stroller, car seat, pack& play and high chair if possible. We found one online for under $200 at www.walmart.com. we are waiting awhile longer before deciding.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community