Children's book recommendations

Hi all--would love to hear your recommendations for children's books--your faves as a child, what your children enjoyed most, etc. Thanks in advance!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If I could Keep you Little
Going on a Bear Hunt
Barn Yard Dance
You are my sunshine
I love you through and through
God gave us you
The Night you were born
Brown Bear Brown Bear
Are you my mother

Good Night Moon
Helpful - 0
Classics likes going on a bear hunt, owl babies, the gruffalo, hungry caterpillar. A new one which is great is baby brains, alo the lost penguin.
Helpful - 0
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
Chicka Chicka 1 2 3
The Kissing Hand
If you give a pig a pancake (and the rest of the series)
Franklin books
all Robert Munsch books
Jillian Jiggs (they were my favorite growing up)
Dr. Suess
Helpful - 0
Beatrix potter...amazing stories for every age. I am currently pregnant with my first child but those books have been on my book shelf since i was a child .
Helpful - 0
I definitely recommend any of the children's books by Eric Carle, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Brown Bear Brown Bear, Ten Rubber Ducks, etc. Great at any young age. They are simply illustrated with beautiful bold artwork that any child will love!! My Son adored them, those are the books that he still fondly remembers me reading to him, he is 9 yrs old now :)
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
I suggest Wherever you go, my Love will Find You by Nancy Tillman
Helpful - 0
I also read a whole lot of nursery rhymes, the rhythm is beautiful and soothing.  Surprisingly early, our son would put his foot out for the "little piggies" rhyme; he recognized it well before he could talk.  We would also do "the clock struck one --- bong --- the mouse ran down," and after I read it like that for a while, he would say the "bong" if I waited for it.
Helpful - 0
My little girl is 7 weeks but we do story time every night. Never too early for a routine. I agree with the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! We also read First 100 Words, books by Sandra Boynton (Barnyard Dance is cute), Disney Bedtime Favorites, and B is for Bear (touch and feel book).
Helpful - 0
I have a little boy--a little over four months now. Just looking for anything to start reading now or later :) Good recommendations so far!
Helpful - 0
Also anything with something to feel or pop up he is 3 yrs old
Helpful - 0
My son loved Dr suess books. Green eggs and ham. Marvin k Mooney. Go dog go.
Also Chicka ckicka boom boom!
Helpful - 0
How old of a child?  When he was an infant, my son liked "Big Red Barn," but largely for chewing.  By the time he was 3, he loved "Hush Little Digger."  Boy or girl?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community