Eczema

I need help!! My baby doesn't sleep at night, 6 months old, because of his eczema. He wakes up 4+ times a night, and barely naps during the day. 2 30 min. naps if lucky. He wakes up scratching excessively and all i can do is cry. Ive tried the cry it out method for his sleep, and it doesn't work because it his stupid eczema!!! I wish allergies didn't exist!! Anyways, I need help on what to do for it to get him to sleep. Poor baby has never had a good nights rest except one time. His face was clear, and he slept all night! I need help. Please!! I am currently using Cerave, which works but only for a short period. HELLPPPP!! Thanks!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Take him to the doctor, my daughter had bad eczema when she was a baby and they prescribed stuff to bath her in every night aswel as a steroid cream to put on her if and when it got bad. It really helped.
Helpful - 0
Okay, go to walmart. Theres a Baby wash called Aveeno baby exczema skin therapy. Also get the Aveeno baby exzema lotion skin therapy to go with. Use it every bathtime, and afterward, rub him head to toe with the lotion, im talking scalp too. It worked great for my son. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
My daughter has severe allergies to this day she's 4. Have his allergies tested and keep him away from the allergens, my daughter has reactions to eggs, dairy, wheat, gluten, corn, seseme seeds, soy, strawberries, canola oil, pets, dust mites..  Everything under the sun.  I have to completely keep her away from everything for her skin to clear up..  Also use no  fragrance detergent on clothes and benadryl when he's itching.  Oatmeal baths and Ave enough baby oatmeal lotion or cerevea cream and rub him down with it 10 times a day literally.  Jojoba oil works wonders also right out of the bath hydrocortisone ointment let it soak for a min on just his spots not all over and then the oil and make sure his nails are clipped at all time's.  Cotton pj's and bedding, cotton clothes anything light weight and not hot will calm it too, hot will flare it up so keep him as cool as you can.  It'stough having kids with lLlergic and can get pricey especially with everything u need but to keep their skin clear u gotta do it.. Also look into getting a cover for his mattress. Any stuffed animals put in the freezer to kill dust mites for at least 24 hrshrsW
Helpful - 0
Try to find out what is the Eczema caused by. My son had a severe Eczema issue and it turned out to be an allergic reaction to the Formula. He's allergic to Milk, so what we thought was Eczema was an allergic reaction. But besides that he does have Eczema/ sensitive skin, the doctor sent us to a dermatologist and they prescribed a cream/ ointment that works.
Helpful - 0
My son has extremely bad eczema and sensitive skin and cereva did not work. The only lotion that worked is by Lush called Dream Cream cleared him up I  2 days and break outs are minimal with 1 daily application. 3 applications a day while it is acting up.
The most important thing was not using and Johnsons products which made his life miserable.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community