Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
408496 tn?1269603350

Huggies, Pampers, or Luvs?

Okay ladies, The eternal question - I will be a first time mom and have no idea on the differences in diaper brands, but I know some ladies are particular to a certain brand and I wanted to know which you preferred and why!  Thanks!
43 Responses
361951 tn?1220578983
We use Huggies.  They are perfume free.  My kids get a rash from everything else I've tried.

Pampers swaddlers were okay in the beginning, because I think they are perfume free as well, but the bigger sizes are not.

Good luck!
223237 tn?1302188391
We use cloth and Pampers swaddlers.  Huggies and Luvs leaked for us.  
287071 tn?1365192513
As a first time mom I had no idea either - we've been using what the hospital used which is Pampers.  They have newborn swaddlers at the hospital that have a yellow line down the front that turns green when they've peed.  They're awsome b/c otherwise we would have had no idea!  
huggies. someone gave us a HUDGE box of new papmers. dominic started getting red and crynig up a storm. and my hand broke out i a rash. im scarred of pampers now. plus they seem to leak easy
419126 tn?1242412170
hey ladies.... my daughter is 4 now, and i remember switching brands a couple of times. its basically personal preference. what works good for me, may not work so good for you. i loved the swaddlers for a while, then they seemed to leave a lot of gooey stuff all over my daughter, so then i switched brands... i dont think any diaper i used was perfect. its basically trial and error. i know that i used the Walmart brand the longest, it was cheaper and it kept her dry and rash free.
287071 tn?1365192513
We were given a package of  Huggies and used them a few times - both times my son peed through it.  One time though - I pointed his little penis down and the diaper did fine.  They're newborn diapers but seem bigger than Pampers.  So we've switched back to Pampers -but have all these Huggies.  What do we do with them?

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.