Huggies, Pampers, or Luvs?

Okay ladies, The eternal question - I will be a first time mom and have no idea on the differences in diaper brands, but I know some ladies are particular to a certain brand and I wanted to know which you preferred and why!  Thanks!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I used Pampers Swaddlers until my son was a few months old without any problems. Then I switched to Pampers Baby Dry when they came out with the stretchy sides. That's the trick...you HAVE to have he stretchy tabs. I tried Luvs when they came out with their "Bear Hug Sides," and I haven't used anything else since. I've only had a couple of leaks in the past year (he's almost 2) and that was mostly my fault because we would be out and I'd forget to change him in time. I got a package of Huggies on sale last month and did not like them much. They didn't leak, but I didn't like the way that the fasteners would be under his back when I laid him on the diaper. It's hard enough to change a squirmy boy who wants to go play, so trying to center him and find the tabs quickly enough was annoying. Luvs are great and they're always on sale at Target. If you have a BJs in your town, they're super cheap there! You can get 175 diapers for $24.99. I think those were size 3....
Helpful - 0
Just FYI, they have diapers on megasale at diapers.com.  My co-worker pointed me in their direction today and I got nearly 200 newborn swaddlers pampers and 420 wipes for $47.00 which included shipping.

If you go there, check out their specials, and make sure to enter the promo code they give you to get another $10.00 off. :)

Sheri
Helpful - 0
I have one baby, an 8 month old son and have tried all the brands, everyone at my shower brought a different brand and we've been through them all.  To this day I still swear by pampers, regular baby dry OR swaddlers/cruisers (which is pampers premium line) Huggies always leaked out around his little chunky legs! And they're more expensive than pampers anyway! All of the other brands Ive always thought felt very rough and I wouldnt want to be clothed in something that felt like a rough paper towel so I certainly wouldnt want my little cuddle bug wrapped up in that! Plus the cheaper brands do not suck the urine up it just lays there on their skin and they are literally wet when u change a pee diaper, with pampers he is dry to the touch bc the diaper absorbs the pee so well. So to your question I  must say.....

PAMPERS ALL THE WAY!!
Helpful - 0
I read all of the comments on this page and like most of the mothers I also use pamper.  Unlike many of you when Jacob poops his poop does go through the pampers diaper on the outside of his legs. I use pampers because I despise huggies, but I am also tired of poop getting on Jacob's onsies.  I am wondering am I not placing the diaper on tight enough or is it just pampers are not for breastfeed babies.  I am currently using Pampers swaddlers gentle care, is anyone else having this problem or had it and fixed it?
Helpful - 0
pampers  are the best less leeking and able to hold a nights worth of urnine when baby starts sleeping long stretches,,,also seemed to notice less rashes,,diapers I believe are one of those things where ya get what you pay for ,,,store brand diapers in general leak like crazy and I found I went through twice as many so really not a savings.
Helpful - 0
with my older two (12 and 14) i used Luvs and adored them... they still had the plastic backing and rarely leaked. but then they started making the cloth covers and discontinued the plastic backed diapers (boo).... so with my youngest who is almost 7 i ended up using White Cloud brand from walmart... it was cheaper and seemed to work just as well.

i am about 25 days from delivering baby #4 and have several packages of white cloud and parents choice(walmart brand) and i hope that they work as well as they did a few years ago.  i have never tried the parents choice before so this will be a first... i believe i only bought one pack of those just cause i have never used them.  but i believe that i will be using white cloud all the way with this one too.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community