Huggies, Pampers, or Luvs?

Okay ladies, The eternal question - I will be a first time mom and have no idea on the differences in diaper brands, but I know some ladies are particular to a certain brand and I wanted to know which you preferred and why!  Thanks!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have four kids, four and under, so saving money is a must.  I use Costco's diapers.  They are made by huggies, but are better if you ask me.  I have also used Sam's Club diapers too, but have to say Costco's beats them out.  Sam's is made by pampers.  It is worth the memberships and if you are formula feeding as well try the off brands.  The Costco's formula is made by Similac and Sam's is made by Enfamil.  Personally, I use Sam's formula, my kids could never use Similac.  Enjoy being a new mommy :)
Helpful - 0
Its alot of trial and error because each baby is different. I've tried Pampers swaddlers and regular, Huggies, Luvs, Walmarts Parents Choice Brand, Krogers and Targets store brand. The Swaddlers were what the NICU had her in and we bought them a few times, they are pretty good when they are small, Huggies were ok, not great. Hated Luvs and Walmarts brand, they literally leaked everytime, we are currently using Krogers brand, they actually have 2 brands ones super cheap and the other cheap one that comes in green packages we love, they work for overnight and everything and we like the Target brand pretty well also, not really hd many problems out of them.
Helpful - 0
All three of my kids got a RED rash within 10 min of having a pamper on at the hospital. Note that is the brand most hospitals carry in labor and delivery! So I got huggies supreme, the regular higgies gave them a rash too. It worked good but I am going cloth/organic this next time!

all my kids a a laytex allergy as well as me. Any perosn who is allergic to laytex will react to any plastic type of diaper and the elastic legs in them.

It is really what works for the body type and skin type of the child! People either like huggies or pampers and luvs work on leaks great if they can use them. THa being said whent they are first born it is best to get huggies or pampers as their skin is so sensitive to perfumes and chemicals. They do put bleach in diapers!

I say you will get both huggies and pampers NB at your shower and try them both to see what you like best for you and your baby!
Helpful - 0
PAMPERS!!! diapers and wipes, NO HUGGIES! everyone i know, including me that has used huggies products on their children resulted in rashes. never had any problems with pampers, and store brand diapers leak way to easy
Helpful - 0
I have 6 kids and myself person from birth to about 13/14 months used pampers once they got older I did a combination of huggies,luvs, and white clouds. I had no trouble with none of them b/c I never got diapers that fit snug i always got them a lil big like my newborn worn 1 instead of newborn etc. Because diapers don't hold like they use to and yes they all did leak sometimes but that will happen with any of them if they aren't changed according to the intake and output of the child
Helpful - 0
I switched to cloth diapers back in march and never looked back. Bumgenius and flips mostly.  It's so easy that I wish I had switched sooner!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community