Is lansinoh a safe cream for cracked nips?

Dear moms

Im a first time mom and i have been facing severe issues with baby latch. My baby is two months plus and since day one breastfeeding has been a nightmare. She is collic from day one and that might be the reason behind it cz its recurring and very painful. My cousin has suggested me lansinoh nip cream for it and she says i don't need to wash it again and again before breastfeed. I would like to have ur suggestions on it cz i have it with me but haven't used it yet cz im kindof confuse
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It's a lifesaver use it faithfully and ice pack it for a few min. Or just pump it's a big difference until you heal
Helpful - 0
Thankyou kenzie-mommy,

Did u have the same issues with latching? And by ice packing the cream what do u mean? If you could kindly elaborate :(
Helpful - 0
Have you seen a lactation consultant? If it still hurts at 2 months I would think that baby is latched wrong. I had terrible! pain with my first baby and as soon as I figured out the correct way to latch it was SO much better! Make sure you get enough of the nipple in babies mouth, if baby makes clicking or smacking noises the latch isn't good enough. Try holding baby in different positions and hold baby close. Don't give up! It's hard but if you get the correct latch it should help and will be so much more comfortable. Ask your doctor for a lactation consultan, they are there to help you. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Earth mama nipple butter. All natural and no chemicals unlike lanolin. I'm much more comfortable using this where my baby eats than something with chemicals. Also cracked and bleeding nipples are a sign of a latch issue and it isn't normal. Have you spoken to an LC?
Helpful - 0
Maybe try getting a nipple shield?
Helpful - 0
Nipple sheild is what I haven't tried yet and will do for sure, thankyou so much
Helpful - 0
Let your nips air out as well. Don't wash with soap in the shower on your nipple either. An alternative to cream to try is coconut oil.  I agree that you may benefit from seeing a lactation specialist as well.
Helpful - 0
With my 1st baby my nipples got really sore so I'd ice my nipples before a feeding putting the cream on after the ice pack. It just helped relieve the painful sensation. In some case alternating with using a pump made it easier, cause I couldn't take her latching on it would hurt to bad
Helpful - 0
Your baby might have a tongue tie and/ or lip tie that is the cause of  not being able to latch properly.
It makes it very painful for Mom,
I know! Some pediatric dentist specialize in fixing with laser,takes less than 5 min. In office. Baby nurses right after.
It benefits you both!  Don't go to someone who uses scissors!
Helpful - 0
I had the same problem with my first child. It can take awhile to figure it out. My nipples were so raw and cracked that I almost quit breastfeeding. Lanolin cream was a lifesaver for me! Another thing that helped A TON was the Lansinoh Gel Soothies nipple relief.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community