WHEN TO PACK

WHEN IS A GOOD TIME TO PACK YOUR BAG FOR THE HOSPITAL?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you want, you can pack whenever you think of it and keep the bag under the bed, but that would just be things you can do without in the meantime.  Like, I could have packed spare socks and a nightgown, but would have had to wait to put in my hair dryer until a day or two before labor, or I would have just had to take it out again.  If you have double of things like that, go ahead and pack.  Otherwise, just write out a good list.  ps -- you will need fewer things than you suspect.
Helpful - 0
I packed my at about 36 weeks.  Then that way you are always prepared.
Helpful - 0
I've just recently packed my bag, I now have 12days left :D
Helpful - 0
My dr hounded me to pack mine early, just in case. So I had a basic one packed from 26 weeks. By basic I mean just underwear, a couple of night shirts, sweat pants, t shirt and toiletries. As well as pads. I have only just updated it. To have a few more things like spare phone charger, a copy of my papers, and breast pads and more maternity pads. As well as other bits and pieces that I have extra of. And that I use often still eg: my pillows, I have written a list of and have I stuck to the front door and the fridge too.
Helpful - 0
I have 5 days left and still have yet to pack a bag. I'm so late on everything. Thr baby has her bags packed tho :)
Helpful - 0
Its always good to pack your bag a few days early at least three or four days before your due date
Helpful - 0
Pack your bag when you hit your 3rd trimester. I had My baby just over 37wks so was glad I had already sorted my bag out and didn't have to worry about it with the stress of her deciding to arrive early
Helpful - 0
I've jus packed mine and only 31wks but got feelin she wil arrive early. hope so as want her out. I've had enuf!
Helpful - 0
I'm 5 months and I have my bag and the baby bag packed. My mom suggested I do it early so I won't have to deal with it later.
Helpful - 0
I've had the baby bag packed since we found out we were expecting. I'm not packing mine until after 25 weeks. Luckily I will be in winter clothes when baby is due, so there's that to look forward to. And I have a few cardigans, but it's almost summer here, and I'm plus sized, so no winter maternity clothes are even out.
Helpful - 0
Glad this was posted been wondering the same
Helpful - 0
Pack it as early as possible. I went into labour at 30 weeks and had nothing ready not even my birthing plan! Better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not be prepared! X
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community