baby carriers?

What is the best baby carrier? I like the idea of the baby k'tan or the moby wrap or a sling? I want Something light weight...that doesnt feel like im wearing a backpack
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks ladies, i ordered the k'tan, it says you can wear up to 35 pounds and its not like a big piece of fabric like the moby wrap its looks easier to put on...and Theres 6 different ways to wear it, hopefully i picked a good one. Its goin to be mostly used around the house, ill let you all know how i like it when i start using it!
Helpful - 0
I bought a Moby, but you have to wait until your little one is at least 8 lbs to use it.
Helpful - 0
I've got a little of everything. Moby, Ergo, Babyhawk buckle carrier, Kokadi ring sling, Girasol wrap... good for different ages, different sizes, different outside temperature, how far you plan to walk with baby... lots of stuff. Nice to have options.
Helpful - 0
Oh, and good advice would be not to wear your baby facing outwart it is not good for the development of their hips. Research correct baby wearing positions. Baby needs to be in a seated postion and knees must be higher that butt. Good luck mama.
Helpful - 0
Sakura bloom ring sling is linen so easy to use. Didymos for a woven breathes well and has incredible comfort. I use my Ergo the most though, it makes nursing on the go easier.Skip a Moby they are hot and don't last long in terms of weight.
Helpful - 0
I'm going to either buy or make a Moby wrap. I'm so excited to wear my little guy in it! I carried and held my daughter all the time, not sure why I didn't get one with her!
Helpful - 0
I've read alot of reviews from people that recommended the infantino sync comfort wrap carrier so I ordered one and it came today but I haven't givin it a try yet...I'll update you when I try out in a bit.  Allegedly the carrier is secure with lightweight/breatheable material, easy to use from birth to 36lbs and reasonably priced $27.?? At Wal-Mart.com.
Helpful - 0
I don't remember the brands I used with my first, but I had both the sling and the front pack thing. I didn't like the sling as well as the pack. Which surprised me cause I thought the front pack would be uncomfortable and look awkward and be more difficult to put the baby in. But the sling didn't feel secure enough, like if I turned around to fast she'd fly out of it.
But, I did get another sling for this baby. I'm going to give it another try cause it's easier to bring along in the diaper bag.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community