baby walker...

Hello! So my question is how early is too early to put baby in walker just a couple months ago I was furious to know my husband let his mom put my son in a walker he wasn't even two months yet and still needed support with his head Obviously
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would do more research on that and ask my pediatrician if I were you.  Maybe take your husband along!  Walkers are not recommended at all by AAP. In fact AAP would like them banned because they're so dangerous.

I'd be furious too!  A 2 mo. old would definitely not be strong enough to sit in the seat!  Is she nuts?  The activity saucer/center--stationary design with a seat that spins or a seat that baby can spin around stationary toys have gotten a more positive nod from AAP.  Check out healthychildren.org. for articles.  

Besides the obvious danger of walkers tipping end over end--like down a flight of stairs (like happened to my brother when he was a baby in the 70s!)--the  problem with walkers that I read about is that it can delay ability to walk since it doesn't allow baby the visual field to see their legs moving and learn about the mechanics of balance.  Regardless, I wouldn't put baby in the activity saucer until 6 mos at the earliest if he's really coordinated--probably closer to 8-9 mos.
Helpful - 0
Thank u soo much for the info I talked to ny sons doctor with my husband there by the things she told us sounds like my husband now knows why I got mad
Helpful - 0
I live in Canada and you can't find the older style walkers as they are illegal here.  You can get the stationary saucers though which i have.  I put my little girl in backwards in the beginning so she was leaning on the back support. I can't remember how old she was but she was older than 2 months
Helpful - 0
I dislike the fact she doubts my parenting skills when shes the one who obviously forgot what shes doing I think its common sense to not put a month and a half old baby in a walker because they cant support their head and keeps trying to tell me how I should raise my son its ridiculous how on every diaper change she HAS TO KNOW if he used number 1 or 2 lol
Helpful - 0
I heard the baby should at least be 3 months or more to use it. And 3 months for a jolly jumper. Also try tummy time as it helps the child strengthen its core muscles
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community