infant formula?

What did you use? Anyome have experience with organic formulas?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I preferred breast milk cause of the antibodies it gives your baby until they can get their first shots at 6 months. Also not to mention the convienience of not having to deal with bottles or heating the milk. My oldest daughter however drank me dry at about 6 months so I had to start giving her formula. The one that she could tolerate best was similac. Although a lot of people use enfamil and if you're getting WIC, that's what they will give you unless you get a note from the doctor saying the baby needs something else. I personally have never tried organic formula, so I can't give my opinion on that.
Helpful - 0
Wic switched to Gerber gentle they stopped emfamil so get wic and it helps the cost. Mom of 4 formula fed babies and all super healthy!
Helpful - 0
I used similac I bough the gentile one and lactose free since dairy can make baby gassy
Helpful - 0
I tried organic and my son loves simalac it does well with him too
Helpful - 0
With my first (9yrs ago) WIC gave me emfamil. With my second (5yrs ago) they did similac but I was able to breastfeed so I didnt use it. Idk what my WIC is using now...
Helpful - 0
WIC in IL 11 years ago I got ready to feed Simalic. No mixing now they say it's Enfamil unless you get a note from Doctor. I even asked what if they give Similac at hospital your just going to switch the baby. They said yes. And then asked if the baby can't use what you give can I come back in to switch the coupons they said no. So I will not take the 3months and request I only get a month of coupons. Because how is that helping if my baby can't handle what they give and I need to change formula and I'm stuck with coupons I can't use. And have to get my own. I thought WIC was there to help your baby have good nutrition
Helpful - 0
Well u can get the ones wic give u and sell them and get the ones u need
Helpful - 0
I get wic so I am not sure what kind of formula we will get this time. With my first we got enfamil, the second they offered similac. So we shall see..
Helpful - 0
If ur baby needs a certain type of formula then the doctors should be able to nite that what he or she needs.
Helpful - 0
I thought they were still using similac but i guess not. I bought an extra travel case of similac just to have on hand if we needed them. Hopefully I get ton use them if not then someone will.
Helpful - 0
I am pregnant with my forth, 9 weeks today. i actually perfer to breastfeed, no formula can compare to the breast milk your body developed just for your baby, and that is as natural and organic as it gets! The breast milk knows exactly what your baby needs it benefits your baby and you, also it doesnt cost a thing, its always ready and the perfect temperature, and no fuss with clean up or bottles, no worries when your on the go. But most importantly its a bonding experience for you and baby that you will never forget!!!
Helpful - 0
I just finished breastfeeding my 14 month old for 12 months.. and I dont want to do to it again
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community