Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

water for formula

What type of water should be used when preparing formula for a newborn?  Bottled, tap, filtered, distilled,  spring, nursery?
Thanks!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
They sell the baby water at Walmart by gallon its like $1.45 its in the baby department
Helpful - 0
If you have flouride in your tap water (most towns do of you have city water, if you have a well than you don't have fluoride) then you should use nursery water. Other than that tap water if fine just make sure its cold when you add it to the bottle and then warm the mixture together. Don't add warm water from the tap to the formula
Helpful - 0
10076934 tn?1410143581
U can also boil tap water if u can't make it to the store, ide recommend jugs of water though- or bottle water for on the go..most safest. You don't HAVE to get the one in the baby section you can get the one from the grocery section as well.
Helpful - 0
I use Brita filtered water that water taste better than bottled water.
Helpful - 0
The main thing is purified water, you can get it with added fluorides or without. The doctor told me to do some with the fluorides and most without. The fluorides are OK in smaller doses when they are younger. You may notice a lot of loose poops if you use from your tap water just switch to bottled and you should see a difference.
Helpful - 0
7602406 tn?1402367748
I use nursery water.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.