which is better?

And why? Diaper genie or diaper pail
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Diaper champ online at Target. You don't have to keep buying the expensive bags for it to keep the smell locked away.
Helpful - 0
* actually the trash bags are Hefty (lavender-vanilla) just checked lol I forgot I changed trash bags.
Helpful - 0
I also don't find them very useful, they tend to break easily (both brands). I find it much easier to buy a medium sized trash can, with scented baking soda on the bottom. I use glad (Hawaiian) thrash bags for the trash can and I put each diaper (only urine filled as well) in a smaller scented bag. I then wrap it up and place it in the trash can. I change the bag when it's half full and also change the baking soda again, another bag.. and done!!
Helpful - 0
I've got both but have yet to put them to  use.
I read the genie was good, my cousins recommended it but I'm not sure about the pail :/
Helpful - 0
My husband and I had one I forget brand but we HATED it. When u would go to empty it the room would smell horrible for a while and it was heavy. We just started putting a couple in walmart bags and take them out which was sometimes a big pain but it kept our place smelling better.
Helpful - 0
I don't suggested doing the diaper genie. I had one and loved it but after a few months the blade that's in it to cut the begs broke off so it was useless. This time around we got the arm n hammer diaper pail(has not been used yet) and when you close it it closes and locks the bag closed and sprinkles baking soda I to the bag as its being closed. I love this idea and can't wait to us it.
Helpful - 0
I have a diaper pail. I got as a shower gift for my first child almost 5 years ago. I still have it. Use it for my 2nd child and will continue to use for my third. I do not notice almost dirty diaper smell in the bedroom. I empty weekly. Use the cheapest 13 gallon garbage bag you can find. Works wonders.
Helpful - 0
I never used one either. Just put the diaper in a plastic bag and throw it in the outside trash, much easier- doesn't pile up. But like she said ^ read reviews on pros & cons of each one.
Helpful - 0
I heard from a lot of moms they didn't use those. BC it holds the stink of dirty diapers in the room.
I never used one though.
If you go online you can read reviews from people who've bought it and rated it for both and decide which one is better:)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community