A
A
Close
7656727 tn?1404157447

which is better?

And why? Diaper genie or diaper pail
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Diaper champ online at Target. You don't have to keep buying the expensive bags for it to keep the smell locked away.
Helpful - 0
* actually the trash bags are Hefty (lavender-vanilla) just checked lol I forgot I changed trash bags.
Helpful - 0
I also don't find them very useful, they tend to break easily (both brands). I find it much easier to buy a medium sized trash can, with scented baking soda on the bottom. I use glad (Hawaiian) thrash bags for the trash can and I put each diaper (only urine filled as well) in a smaller scented bag. I then wrap it up and place it in the trash can. I change the bag when it's half full and also change the baking soda again, another bag.. and done!!
Helpful - 0
I've got both but have yet to put them to  use.
I read the genie was good, my cousins recommended it but I'm not sure about the pail :/
Helpful - 0
My husband and I had one I forget brand but we HATED it. When u would go to empty it the room would smell horrible for a while and it was heavy. We just started putting a couple in walmart bags and take them out which was sometimes a big pain but it kept our place smelling better.
Helpful - 0
I don't suggested doing the diaper genie. I had one and loved it but after a few months the blade that's in it to cut the begs broke off so it was useless. This time around we got the arm n hammer diaper pail(has not been used yet) and when you close it it closes and locks the bag closed and sprinkles baking soda I to the bag as its being closed. I love this idea and can't wait to us it.
Helpful - 0
I have a diaper pail. I got as a shower gift for my first child almost 5 years ago. I still have it. Use it for my 2nd child and will continue to use for my third. I do not notice almost dirty diaper smell in the bedroom. I empty weekly. Use the cheapest 13 gallon garbage bag you can find. Works wonders.
Helpful - 0
10076934 tn?1410143581
I never used one either. Just put the diaper in a plastic bag and throw it in the outside trash, much easier- doesn't pile up. But like she said ^ read reviews on pros & cons of each one.
Helpful - 0
9442948 tn?1406816451
I heard from a lot of moms they didn't use those. BC it holds the stink of dirty diapers in the room.
I never used one though.
If you go online you can read reviews from people who've bought it and rated it for both and decide which one is better:)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.