working out- weights

Hi! Im six weeks pregnant ;)
I've been lifting weights regularly and yesterday I still decided to up the pounds... I weight trained for two years and for six months lightly while pregnant with my first. But today I lifted again and my pregnancy symptoms seemed to double!! Back pain, headache, leg cramps, and severe breast pain to name a few :(
Could this be in part from lifting weights? should I just do less pounds and maybe more reps next time?
Thx
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey. I'd say start cutting back on lifting and do more walking.  I wouldn't want to stresses the baby out
Helpful - 0
I would ask your doctor. Most times they say that you can keep doing what you are doing cause you body is used  to it, but I don't think you should be doing more at this point. You can probably maintain what you're used to but don't push yourself or do more, you could end up with a miscarriage.
Helpful - 0
Thank you both, I will tone it down and keep to a lighter routine. I appreciate your comments!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community