Aa
A
A
A
Close
8699891 tn?1515716113

working out- weights

Hi! Im six weeks pregnant ;)
I've been lifting weights regularly and yesterday I still decided to up the pounds... I weight trained for two years and for six months lightly while pregnant with my first. But today I lifted again and my pregnancy symptoms seemed to double!! Back pain, headache, leg cramps, and severe breast pain to name a few :(
Could this be in part from lifting weights? should I just do less pounds and maybe more reps next time?
Thx
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey. I'd say start cutting back on lifting and do more walking.  I wouldn't want to stresses the baby out
Helpful - 0
I would ask your doctor. Most times they say that you can keep doing what you are doing cause you body is used  to it, but I don't think you should be doing more at this point. You can probably maintain what you're used to but don't push yourself or do more, you could end up with a miscarriage.
Helpful - 0
8699891 tn?1515716113
Thank you both, I will tone it down and keep to a lighter routine. I appreciate your comments!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.