Back & Neck Community

Back Injury?

I was swimming today with my family, and I went to dive off the diving board, and for some reason when I dove, my legs bent so far that my family said they didn't even know that was possible. My spine bent backwards as well and when I came up from under the water I felt like I couldn't move, the pain was so bad. My legs also started shaking uncontrollably. I am still in pain, but I don't think I need to go to the ER. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do for this pain? I am hoping it goes away within a few days, it is horrible. I feel like I can't bend my back at all.
Azgirl, I doubt if you've done any permanent injury, but you have probably strained your back muscles.

Rest, apply ice packs for the first few days, then warm packs.

If things don't improve or get worse, seek medical attention.