Avatar universal

Iowa back pain

I moved from Mississippi to Iowa, a few years ago. I had invested in a house which sold. My wife wanted to move from that god forsaken place we were not treated well because we came from up north. It was scary for us. Well we moved to Iowa, people are friendly enough but the medical for back injuries is  terribly bad. The doctors I've seen have reject to send me to a back specialist when I ask to see one, when I know that I have a impinged nerve, stenosis in the spine which is getting worse to the point its hard to walk without pain. Every back doctor wants a referral which my primary won't give even when the pain clinic I see said I should   get a new MRI . They won't send for my record from the other doctors in Minneapolis, and Jackson Mississippi which confirms what I'm telling them. Any suggestions what I could do? I will leave Iowa when I can afford to.   IN Pain
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
9197017 tn?1429016816
Can you change your primary care physician to someone who will listen to you and trust your request to see a spinal specialist?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Back & Neck Community

Top Pain Answerers
Avatar universal
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches