Back & Neck Community

Low back pain

No injuries.  Low back pain. mild during day. worse at night. I thought maybe it was the mattress, so I turned it around.

it was worse - severe- 2 days ago, I had to take some narcotics I had left over from a foot surgery to get pain relief.  I was up all night in pain.  However, it is 2 days later, and I have just mild to moderate pain now. heat did not help. Ice helps a little.  

no fever.  I have to support my back to walk when I first wake up. After a while I can walk better.  I feel better when sitting, than when I am laying down or standing.  When I stand, it feels like the base of my spine is being crushed.  Sitting provides a counterforce upward on my spine and seems to neutralize the downwards pressure.