Should I still be in pain 5 months after a back injury?

I slipped and fell at work on my tailbone and lower back. I was sent to be seen by a pain doctor. He keeps saying nothing is wrong. It has been 5 months after this injury and still no relief and pain gets pretty intense. I've had the steroid injection and no relief. Ive also been on pain pills and same issue no relief. Should i go back to the doctor or go get a second opinion?
You mention you were sent to a pain doc.  Not sure why that would be your first doc, that should have been an orthopedic surgeon who would have had you get X-rays and MRI to see if anything is out of place, which you don't mention.  Pain docs are for when you get diagnosed with something that can't be fixed, and they are there to palliate the pain, not fix it.  
My job sent me to the pain doc and he ordered an x-ray and MRI. He said he couldn't see anything. But I think my job didn't want to pay for the injury.
How are you now?  I'd see a physical therapist. they can do wonders for working through an injury.  Strengthening the area, stretching and finding ways to relieve the pain.  

You are reading content posted in the Back & Neck Community