Has anyone had cervical disc replacement surgery?

Hi.  I've been diagnosed with multilevel degenerative disc disease c-4 through c-7.  I'm now 43 years old.  I've been waiting 3 years for disc replacement surgery to be a little more mainstream treatment.  I'm interested in hearing anything about this procedure for the C-spine.  I'm considered a surgery candidtate for c-5/6 and c-6/7 levels.  Thanks, Jolene
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I actually have found a wonderful pain management doctor who has done radio frequency and cauterized the nerve endings in my neck.  For a while, I had no pain at all but it has returned and I plan to have this procedure done again.  You may want to check this out.  It may not work for everyone but has been a lifesaver for me.
Helpful - 0
I have never heard of radio frequency and cauterizing the nerve endings.  How do they do that and how long will it be effective?
Helpful - 0
The doctor goes in your neck like having an epidural and uses a fluroscope to cauterize the nerve endings using radio frequency.  I am not sure how many doctors do this, but for me it has been a lifesaver.  Check out the pain management doctors in your area to see if any of them do this.  If so, it might be worth your time to meet with them and discuss the possibilites of this helping you.
Helpful - 0
The Prestige is the only one at this point that is FDA approved and just recently.   It can also only be used on one level as it is too bulky.  I am having this surgery done on 2/21 so can't tell you what it's like after.... yet.  But I have multiple problems C4/5 C5/6 C6/7 - mostly suffer from chronic headaches and neck pain for the last 8 years.  Waited for this as fusing all three discs would have left me unable to move my neck and I am only 43 and didn't want to go there.  If you have other questions, I would be happy to help if I can.  
Helpful - 0
I am having disc repacement surgery c5/c6, shitting myself 38 years old, really do not want to go through with it but can not stand the pain.
anybody had this treatment done?
Helpful - 0
don't worry,Make sure you know the facts synthic cervical discs are out
there pro disc c find a doctor that does them. if you get fusion doctors using tebeckar steel for bone graph has a high fusion rate.

if you got the money go to germany. In the US the fda will not use studies/results form the other
countries even though most of the synthic discs are made here in US(Medtronics) for onelevel.Single level fusion pro disk c has been approve call the company and see who doing it nearest you I wish
it woud have been available to me. I have had c5/c6 fuse and as above statements this has gone south after a year and now c4 disc isnow going. What we have going for us is an inefficent FDA
where there is help out there but we cannot get it.

hop u do well
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Back & Neck Community