Avatar universal

Pain after spine fusion

I had my spine fused September of 2018, I was progressing great went back to work after 8 weeks and fell down the stairs 3 weeks back to work both Orthopaedic and neurosurgeon said they have done all that they can do. I’m in more pain now than I was before my surgery. I have done PT and now back to seeing a pain management doctor. I had the surgery so I wouldn’t have to see the pain management doctor again. Is there some type of pain patch that could be inserted into my back. I don’t want to take any medication but I can’t stand the pain. It has effective my life were I can’t do anything again. I missing work and spending most of my time at the doctors. Do you recommend a pain patch?  Thanks Kathryn
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Check into a spinal cord stimulator (SCS).
Helpful - 0
What is this? And is it more surgery. I can’t find a straight answer on the internet.
I don't know a lot of details about the SCS. I'm sure you can research it on the internet.
Spinal cord stimulation is a machine  the put leads in spinal canal. I have crps my arms were frozen in pain. Until I got mine. Go to Medtronic’s site to read about it
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Back & Neck Community

Top Pain Answerers
Avatar universal
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches