Lipstick adherence

Years ago somebody told me about a way to keep your lipstick from coming off when you are eating. This woman could get through a 5-course meal and not look like she had eaten a thing - her lipstick looked as fresh as it did before she sat down at the table. Now I can't remember what she told me. Something about outlining the lips, then putting on foundation, maybe, or something underlayering the lipstick.

Anybody have any ideas on this?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, your story is funny cause it sounds like me your talking about.  Anyway woman are always asking me how I get my lipstick to "stick" even after eating.  Well here goes,  the trick is to apply foundation and then face powder on your lips, apply your lipstick and remove excess with your finger in your mouth with your lips around it, then pulling finger out. ( Hope you can picture that). This works really well expecially if you use a good thick lipstick, not anything glossy.  Hope this helped a bit.  Good Luck.
Helpful - 0
I use Benefit Lip Plump which blanks out your lips and keeps any lip gloss or lip stick on that you put on over it.

I always use lip liner with my lipstick when I wear it.

I put on my lipstick and then blot with a napkin and place my finger in my mouth so that extra lipstick doesn't end up on my teeth. I hope this helped.
Helpful - 0
Good morning today I se in pharmacy that you may buy some lipstick that last for the day.Or you mayput your lipliner let it dry for a few second,and put some more let it dry then you may had your lipstick dry it add some more.Have a few layer's but dont forget let it dry.OK Let me kno if it work pogo514
Helpful - 0
My lipstick didn't have any staying power until I discovered the value of a nude lipliner.  I just outline and fill in my lips with the liner (sometimes in gentle "sweeps" and not necessarily solidly filling the lips in) then apply the lipstick and blot really strongly.  My lipstick never budges that way.  And stays in place for hours, even after eating and drinking.  And it isn't about using expensive lipstick brands.  My favorite is a fluke--a 99 cent lipstick I bought out of a bin just to see if I liked that particular shade before buying more expensive.  I never did buy more expensive.  That cheap tube is the BEST I'VE EVER HAD, lol!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Beauty & Cosmetics Community