vericose vein possible option?

if I could clamp a varicose vein with a bobby pin or something for long enough could it make it go away? i would imagine that would work like getting one of those injections (stops blood flow and turns the vein into scar tissue). also, is it possible that if i do have a varicose vein  pinched long enough that it could make a blood clot and kill me?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
WOW, I HAVE SOME OF THOSE UGLY *** VEINS .  I AM GONNA GET THEM REMOVED . ITS NOT THAT MUCH ITS GONNA B LIKE  $125-200. I THINK THAT ISNT TO BAD. I WOULDNT TRY ANYTHING LIKE THAT . GOOGLE TREATMENTS OR VERICOSE VEIN REMOVAL.
Helpful - 0
You can use cabbage to help heal varicose veins as well as insect bites, burns or boils.

A dressing of crushed cabbage leaves, promptly applied, relieves pain, speeds healing, and draws out infection. Wash the wound with boiled water and apply a dressing of crushed cabbage. Renew daily until the healing is complete.

Basically Varicose veins are weakened veins caused by genetic weakness, constipation, pregnancy and obesity. Our veins have valves, but in varicosed veins the valves are weak and do not prevent the backflow of blood. Therefore the blood pools in the lower legs.

This causes inadequate circulation and nourishment to the tissues of the lower legs. If not corrected, this can lead to breakdown of the skin and varicose ulcers which are difficult to heal.

Follow these steps to lessen the effects of varicose veins:

- Reduce intraabdominal pressure.
- Resolve constipation. You should be having 2-3 bowel movements per day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Increase fiber in your diet through fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Increase your water intake. To determine how much water to drink, divide your weight in pounds by two. This is the amount of ounces of water to drink daily to be in good health.
- Decrease amount of time spent sitting and standing still. If you are working or need to sit for long periods, get up every hour and walk around for a few minutes. While sitting, flex your feet often, moving them up and down to keep the circulation.
- Avoid concentrated, processed, and packaged foods.
- Decrease fat in your diet. While healing, even avoid nuts, avocados, and free oils.
- Decrease your salt intake. Excess use of salt is irritating to the vessels.
- Decrease nervousness.
- Exercise. Walking will increase the circulation as the muscles move the blood back up towards the body. Walking barefoot in the morning in the dewy grass will also help the circulation and strengthen the veins.
- Be careful to only use 2 or 3 foods at a meal.
- Avoid tight bands on the legs. These compromise circulation. Knee socks are the worst offenders.
- Sweat every day. Sauna, steam bath, fever bath, or intense activity can be used to cause sweating.
- Bathe your legs and feet in a hot/cold alternate bath. Bathe in the hottest water you can tolerate for three minutes. Alternate with cold water for one minute.
- Ensure you intake 600-1200 IU of vitamin E daily and 3000 mg of vitamin C 3000 daily.
- Drink carrot juice combined with spinach juice. Drink a combination of 10 ounces of carrot juice to 6 ounces of spinach juice. Then, alternate with 16 ounces of spinach juice. This procedure has been known to cure varicose veins in combination with the points outlined above. Use these juices daily until results are seen.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Beauty & Cosmetics Community