Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1738109 tn?1331412572

Get moving

I have made it a habit most days to go for a walk or get on the treadmill. What do you do to get your body and mind moving?
15 Responses
1726783 tn?1326181788
I would say exercising really helps a lot... i used to play basketball and ping pong and they are also a good form of exercise for the body and mind, sadly i don't play them anymore.  Nowadays I am getting back on my long-lost friend which is meditation and I still find this the most effective manner of getting peace. Reading fictions also help to load off the mind.
1726783 tn?1326181788
ahh.. forgot to mention that I also go on long walks about 2-3 times a week. I also like cycling during sunset.. just simply reminds me how wonderful life is...
1718784 tn?1330734722
When I am feeling up to exercising I really like to go for a run with my ipod, it really helps get the adrenaline going. I also love walking, taking different routes and exploring new places just adds to the adventure and if I really feel like it I may even climb a hill. Currently haven't exercised in a little while due to feeling down, think I shall try it again soon may help lift my mood.
1738109 tn?1331412572
That's goof. I moved the treadmill from the garage to my room. Now if I don't get on it sits there and stares at me until I do. Listening to music now
1738109 tn?1331412572
Even just going to sit outside helps. The sun has great healing powers.
1551327 tn?1514045867
COMMUNITY LEADER
Music and exercise are great for you.  I am proud that you have started this and I hope you get addicted to it.  There are not many addictions that are considered good but inspirational things like yoga, martial arts, running, listening to music, etc..... are all good addictions.  THey give you something that cannot be easily taken away..... Love for yourself, or compassion.  Keep tapping into these resources that a lot of people take at face value.  They are the "magic answer" to finding a higher power and having a heppy life.

Good insight,
Larry
1726783 tn?1326181788
I can't agree more with larry... love for oneself is very important.. so is compassion. It makes us 'feel the ground'.. My childhood was very traumatic and didn't really know what love is about. Now I am grown up, it's sad that I always have to be 'outward-looking' for love and care... i am learning to love myself first, so I can enjoy inner peace and fulfillment.
1738109 tn?1331412572
I've still got a long way to go in the loving myself department. My mom doesn't understand what's going on and she can't understand that I'm sick. And right now I really don't care about a lot of things because I'm depressed right now. Now I can't even have a good cry because the meds won't let me most of the time.
1738109 tn?1331412572
I feel like crap.
1551327 tn?1514045867
COMMUNITY LEADER
You can still have a good cry.  Watch Ghost or City of Angels.  I know watch Man on Fire, works for me every time : )
1738109 tn?1331412572
I'm a little better now. Still on an apathy kick though
Exercise makes me feel so much better in myself, and it makes me feel better about myself. I can't eat how I used to because of the meds so it's the only way I can eat chocolate!
I know that I have to do something about my weight otherwise I will stop taking my meds, it sounds so vain but I have learnt the hard way. Music affects me.. it always has and always will be a big part of my life, it is one of those things that can actually alter my mood, or help me through it...

livefreewithlove...Hugs :)))))) It is hard when you feel so sad inside but the tears won't come out, it's a good release isn't it? Thinking about you..we are here for you!
1738109 tn?1331412572
Thanks all. I went to a friends house and we watched the new torn. Pretty cool. He's scared of bipolar because of a friend he used to have but I think he was ok with it after I explained it to him. I think she had more going on than just bipolar.
1551327 tn?1514045867
COMMUNITY LEADER
Tron lol
1738109 tn?1331412572
Thanks Bu
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Bipolar Disorder Community

Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.