Like sisters bickering!

I have two lovely parakeets, Spirit & Sparkle, both females. They share one rather large cage so they have plenty of room and multiple levels & perches. My problem-they bicker & fight alot. Not hurting each other but its more like a power struggle. Of course I want them to be happy so I've tried a couple of times to give them their own cages. But when I do that they act like they are so unhappy without the other one and are so happy when I re-unite them. Is this just because they are both female? Can two females live in harmony in the bird world or should I give them their individual freedom?
It may be their way of establishing/reinforcing the so called pecking order. One will be dominant and in charge. The other needs to be reminded.  :-)  If they're not causing injury to each other, I'd say let them be together and sort out their own squabbles.
Your right, good advice like usual. How is yours doing? My girls are still timid but I get them out of the cage at least once a week, they don't want to leave the cage for some reason.
You wouldn't believe what I have right now. No birds at home but I am raising 2 baby skunks. One was brought home by someone's dog. She was trying to feed the baby (only a couple days old) and let her dog do the potty part, licking the skunk. Not a good idea. We talked her into bringing the baby in.

Since it was so young I was asked to do home care for it. A single mammal baby is bad news. But be careful what you wish for. A week  later an orphaned baby skunk about the same age was found by its dead mom. Now I have a couple of stinky fuzz balls.

Yes, they can spray but won't if they're not upset or startled. So I'm being very careful. :-)

You are reading content posted in the Birds Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.