Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Birth Control

I've been on birth control for more than a year, I forgot to take two of my pills and took 3 of them in one night when I remembered. The next day I started bleeding heavily and have terrible cramps.. is this okay?
The package insert that came with the pills is clear about what to do when you miss pills. You should always follow those directions because they were written specifically for those pills.

I don't know what pill you're on because you didn't say. But in a monophasic pill, the directions for 3 or more missed pills are as follows:

If you miss three or more pills in the first two weeks of the pack, take a pill as soon as you remember and take the next pill at the usual time. Seven-day backup birth control will be necessary in this situation.

If you miss three or more pills in the third week of the pack, do not finish the pack and throw it away. Start a new pack and use seven-day backup birth control.

As you can see from your current side effects, when you don't follow the directions in the pack, you have these kinds of side effects. It will stop eventually but all you can do in the meantime is just ride it out.
I'm on my second week of pills and I only missed two. I just took three at one time because I missed Saturday and Sunday and took them all on Monday night when I remembered