Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.46k Members

Birth control questions

So I have always taken the depp shot and it worked very well but made me gain extreme weight! So I wanted to try the birth control pills. My doctor prescribed them for me and I am not really sure when to start taking them. I started my period 3 days ago was I supposed to take them when my period started? Or can I take them when my period ends? my period is almost over can I take it when it's over? Help I'm sorry I know this is a dumb question but I've never had to use the pills.
1 Responses
You should read the instructions that came with the pill because it's in there. There are 2 ways you can start the pill. Either the first day of your period (which you already missed) or the Sunday after your period starts (which you have not missed yet because Sunday is in 2 days).

It is much better to do the Sunday start because that's usually how most pills are labeled anyway in the pack. Set the alarm on your phone to remind you to take it every day at the same time starting this Sunday.

The doctor should've explained this to you and it was really irresponsible for him/her not to tell you how to start it. But that's why you need to read the instructions that came in the pack because it will explain how to start and what to do if you miss pills. But don't miss pills because people who do that end up pregnant. That's why you need to set up the alarm on your phone to remind you the same time every day.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.