Mirena & Pregancy

I had an IUC, Mirena put in August of 2006. I have pregnancy symptoms: sore breast, constipation, fatigue, dizziness, excess hunger, charlie horse in my legs, no period but not unusual with Mirena and I instinctively protect my stomach when I feel threatened or in danger. I took a home pregnancy test and a blood test and both were negative.
My question is what is the possibility that I am pregnant?
How can I tell for sure?
Can Mirena cause false results on pregnancy test, both home and blood test?
And is it true that a 5 year Mirena can stop working after two or three years?
If I am not pregnant what is wrong with me?
I want to be informed when I go to the doctor.
Some ladies using Mirena occasionally report feeling symptoms similar to those of pregnancy.  

It is very unlikely you are pregnant.

If you are still concerned, take another pregnancy test in a week to be sure.  
I went to the hospital Sunday, May 10th, because of abdominal pain. The doctors did an ultrasound and said I had been pregnant I was about 9 weeks and I had lost the baby. The doctors said that they did not understand why the blood test came back negative. They had to do a DNC and they also found that I had kidney stones. I spent four days in the hospital because kidney stones not the DNC. So I guess it is possible to be pregnant with Mirena and for the home and blood test to be negative the only way to be 100% sure is with an ultrasound.
wow.... im sorry u lost ur baby... im mom of 2 im 25 had mirena now for 2yrs past 2days been crampin and spottin brownish discharge. was never this exhausted before on the mirena but i been very exhausted past 2 weeks do u think i might be pregnant?
I am having the same problems that you had and I'm scared that I might be pregnant again because I keep taking the at home tests and they all keep saying negative and I also had a blood test done that also said negative so I'm scared that I'm pregnant again. But I also don't have insurance and am waiting on my medicaid card to come in the mail. What do you think I should do?
i have been bleeding for 11 days now and have had head aches, it hurts during inter course and i feel very tired i have no idea what is wrong with me in my 2 1/2 years of having mirena i have never bleed this long. can anyone help?

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community