Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Need help starting birth control

Hi, so I have never taken birth control pills before I have only ever taken the depo shot. My period is "supposed to start on the 28th can I take my first pill the sunday before that which would be the 24th? or do i take my first pill on the 3st? help lol
You should read the directions that come with the pack which are very clear about when to start it. Either start on the first day of your period OR the first Sunday after your period starts. If you start any other times besides the way it says in the directions, you will not be protected from pregnancy and you will mess up your menstrual cycle.
You started it the Sunday AFTER you start your period.