Paragard Copper IUD & Rusting

I'm interested in getting the Paragard Copper IUD and through my research came across a few women who have experienced the IUD rusting when viewed endoscopically by their doctor or upon removal. I would like to know how often rusting occurs as I am concerned about it rusting inside of me. My OB-GYN also told me that it's not likely to occur and that if it does, it would be due to oxidation occuring once its removed; I'm not sure if I buy her answer and would like a second opinion.

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community