Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Period after forgetting to take a few BC pills? Should I be worried?

I stopped taking birth control for 4-5 days when my schedule changed and I was just thrown off of when I took birth control and ended up forgetting. Anyway, I've been keeping on track everyday taking the pill at the same exact time for almost 2 weeks now. However, I started spotting about 4 days ago. Today, I woke up with bad cramps and bleeding (like a regular period, not spotting).

Why am I getting a period when I've been taking BC on time every day for almost 2 weeks? Could those 4 days of not taking it really just be starting to take effect now when I've been taking it regularly again? Should I be worried?
Breakthrough bleeding, which is perfectly normal.  Sometimes it can take a few days after missing some pills for it to show up.