Vaginal dryness after paragard IUD insertion?

Hi. Two weeks ago I had the paragard IUD inserted. My son was born three months ago and my husband and I thought this would be a good solution for birth control. I had some bleeding for about a week and a half after it was inserted (I've yet to get my period back yet) so my husband and I tried last night to have sex for the first time. For lack of a better way of putting it,  I couldn't "get wet". This has never been an issue in the past and it's very distressing for me!  Thankfully I have an understanding husband but we both want this resolved! We had been using condoms up until this point and I really don't want to go back that. Please help!

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community