how much pain were you in after getting tubes tied?

I'm on my 3rd baby and really want to get my tubes tied after she comes out, but I'm really scared that I will be in a lot of pain or that I will get pregnant again after doing it. Has anyone got pregnant after having their tubes tied? And how much pain was it to have them done? Am I going to be able to take care of my six year old, my one year old and a new born after having them done?
My mom had hers done a few years ago and was just fine with a newborn and 4 other busy kids.

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community