Blood Disorders Community
946 Members

High eosinophil count (28)

My eosinophil count is very high;28 and i suffer from mild to medium cold nearly all the time of year. I lose my breath after football training sessions and the condition becomes severe. I suspect that it may be due to my severe eosinophilia. I had also been affected by worms.please tell me what to do....
Hi!
Well, if you had worms, then this can be the cause of eosinopihilia. Treating worms can bring down the eosinophil levels.  Other causes of raised eosinophils are asthma, or allergic reactions, and tropical eosinophilia. High eosinophils can cause infiltrates into the lung, and this can make your breathless. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else