Bone Cancer Community
149 Members

Red cell reconversion

recently was given an MRI on my lower back and my cervical spine for back pain and loss of bladdar control.

The results on both showed "diffuse low signal intensity on T1 weighted scan likely related to red marrow reconversion"

I am a 29 year old female and am overweight but never smoked. I had a CBC done about 3 weeks before the MRI and it was normal except the Neut % was high. I have been sick with fevers and night sweats for over a month.

I have recently been on 5 different antibiotics trying to cure strep and finally got rid of it with an IV antibiotic, only to get sick again within a week, I was recently diagnosed with pneumonia.

My primary doctor and my neurologist have never seen this on a report and I am still waiting on them to respond. The primary doctor said it couldnt be cancer because the white cells were normal, but the cbc was done when I was very sick. She then said she was suprised my white count was not up.

My sister is insisting that I make myself an appointment with a hemotologist but I hate to do tht without my doctor sending me.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You have low blood counts. It could indicate blood disorders hemolytic anemias namely,  thalessemias, hemoglobinopathies and immune hemolytic anemias. It can also be due to leukemia, lymphomas and Hodgkin's lymphoma. It could also be due to infections. You will need further investigations like a peripheral smear study and if needed a bone marrow study to arrive at a diagnosis. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.