Aa
A
A
A
Close
Borderline Personality Disorder Community
1.45k Members

Suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder.

Hello. I'm an 18 year old. I'm sorry for stating the condition (Borderline personality disorder) myself, but I think I'm VERY sure about it. I stumbled on the article in wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder
I can relate to MOST of the points mentioned there, except that I'm NOT into alcohol/substance abuse.
I have been a good student so far, but my social life with people including my own family members has always been VERY bad. In particular, I now realize that I express extreme emotions and I also get overwhelmed very quickly... I also change my views on a person VERY quickly, either from positive to negative or the other way.. I'm now a freshman at college, and I can already begin to feel that I am FAR FROM BEING NORMAL.
1) Is there a place I can get help from?
2) Medicines? Just therapeutic techniques? Or any other?

Thanks.

1 Responses
10507163 tn?1442319914
I suggest you could start out by speaking with your local doctor about it so you can get a referral to a psychologist so you can discuss this more thoroughly. Something that might be useful is looking up 'DBT handbook' and maybe you can print one off and work through in your spare time. DBT stands for Dialectical Behavior Therapy which was specifically made for people suffering BPD and can be useful in uncover things going on inside of you.  
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.