Aa
A
A
A
Close
Borderline Personality Disorder Community
1.45k Members

how to stop talking to yourself?

I sometimes find  myself talking to myself as I am acting in  a play( drama) .I have very clear and strong imaginations. I usually start imagining a play in my mind and start acting like a character of that play.
2 Responses
Well I don't have BPD, but I'm 99.9% sure I have this unofficial disorder called Maladaptive Daydreaming Disorder. I don't know if you've heard of it, but from what you're saying, it's quite possible you have it. It causes a person to spend hours playing these elaborate scenes in their head that can compare to a movie. I start to talk to myself a lot especially when I get really into it. I make weird facial expressions alongside this. It gets pretty embarrassing if I'm in public and i lose control, so I think we can relate. I'm not sure if I'm really helping you at all though. Oh! But what I try to do if I'm in public is I bring a couple pieces of hard candy to suck on or bring some gum to chew so my mouth is busy doing something else.
I have someone in my family who does that all the time, unconsciously, and sometimes reverts to her 'movie' while I'm in the middle of a conversation with her. I honestly don't think it's a problem but it does show that maybe you're looking for a way to release all the creativity within yourself. Try writing stories and posting them on wattpad.com . The person I know started doing it after becoming addicted to YouTube and reality TV. You'd be surprised how much teens talk to themselves nowadays.  But I really think that what you have isn't negative. It's a talent. I can tell you are enormously creative and have a vast imagination. You truly should start writing down your stories or make a YouTube channel :) Good luck, dear
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.